Welcome to Monica Rule – Your Self Managed Super Expert
SMSF Retreat Noosa (Noosa, Queensland 27-28 August 2018)
Join us in magnificent Noosa on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast for our two day inaugural SMSF Retreat. There are over 600,000 Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs) in Australia. It’s highly likely that most accountants will be approached for SMSF assistance if they haven’t already. Professionals must have a sound knowledge of the income tax law and superannuation law to be able to take on new SMSF clients. Our comprehensive program, presented by Monica Rule, SMSF expert, will cover the current and upcoming developments in the SMSF landscape which will expand your knowledge and challenge your mind set. Monica will explain the requirements of the income tax tax and superannuation laws in relation to establishing and maintaining a complying SMSF. Book Now! Early Bird rate ends 13 July 2018. Limited places available.
To register for the two day retreat, please click here.
SMSF Extension (Sydney 3 September, 2018)
For IPA members that missed out on Monica Rule’s SMSF Masterclass last year, Monica will be presenting “SMSF Extension” on 3 September 2018. In this presentation, Monica will provide information on the following areas of the superannuation and income tax laws that will assist you with your SMSF clients.
- The legal structure of an SMSF. Don’t assume that anyone can establish an SMSF. You must know your client’s background to ascertain that they can be a trustee and members of their SMSF. We examine what must be done if an SMSF member becomes a disqualified person or is unable to continue managing their SMSF. Assist your clients to avoid harsh tax penalties when SMSF members go overseas.
- Investment restrictions for SMSFs. What can and cannot be acquired by an SMSF. Know how to determine whether a person or an entity is a related party to members of an SMSF. Understand how an SMSF can invest in a related entity as well as how it can acquire properties in Australia and overseas.
- Accumulating wealth in an SMSF. Understand the various ways to make contributions to an SMSF as well as how to transfer assets into an SMSF. Gain knowledge of the correct process in making contributions to avoid paying extra tax. Find out about the tax deductions and tax offsets that are available on certain contributions. We consider whether your clients should consider the First Home Super Saver Scheme or make Downsizer contribution. Learn how superannuation is affected when couples split.
- Accessing superannuation entitlements.There are various types of benefits that can be paid by an SMSF, each with its own tax treatment. Find out whether it is better to pay a benefit as a pension or a lump sum.
- Estate Planning. What must be done when a member dies. Learn how to ensure a member’s superannuation is passed on to the right people. Find out how estate planning has changed due to superannuation law changes.
To register for the full day session, please click here.
Are you worried about:
✔ Establishing the wrong SMSF structure
✔ Non-compliance and ATO penalties
✔ Structuring borrowing incorrectly
✔ Not knowing the investment restrictions
Let me help.
Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs) are my passion. I want SMSF professionals and trustees to have the best tools to help them navigate through the complex maze of superannuation laws and regulations. I can give you the tools.
I am the advisor whom advisors come to for help. Let me help you.
I specialise in providing advice on SMSF compliance, training for professionals, seminars and webinars for professionals and trustees, as well as SMSF content for your in-house newsletters.
I am committed to helping SMSF professionals and trustees understand the law so SMSF members can obtain maximum retirement benefits and retire financially independent.
Contact me to see what I can do for you.
My books are comprehensive reference guides written in plain English. If you would like to see what the books contain please click on the book’s image.
Click the button below to subscribe to my free newsletter
Fill out the form below to contact me